Who we are
Our website address is: http://translatingintoitalian.com.
We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us. You won’t find any complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text.
We value your privacy
We value your privacy as much as we do our own, so we’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. We ask for only the bare minimum information from our clients, suppliers and collaborators. We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than the reason you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it, unless we’re forced to by law.
How we collect your information
We ask for contact information including your name, email address and phone number, so that we can reply to your enquiry.
What information we hold
- When you contact us by email, telephone or through our website, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and the company you work for, if you’ve given us that.
- If you do business with us, we also collect your business name and bank details and keep records of invoices and payments.
- We do not extract personal data out of the documents you provide in order to use them outside the context of the services provided. Your documents are stored securely and are part of the contract fulfilment.
Where we store information
When you contact us, we store your information in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Project Management Database. These files are password protected, stored and periodically backed up in our systems, which are also password protected.
If you contact us by email, a copy of your messages and address is stored by our email provider Aruba.
What we use your information for
The legal basis for processing your data is to perform the services you request or to take necessary steps prior to fulfilling that request and complying with legal requirements.
We collect, store and use such personal data for the purposes of issuing a quote, providing the services that you request or complying with legal requirements.
We occasionally use your contact information to send you details of our services, but if you tell us not to, we won’t get in touch again. We will use your information to send you invoices, statements, or reminders.
How long we keep your data
We hold data on clients, suppliers, collaborators, and potential clients for legitimate interests. Such data will be retained throughout the business relationship only, or for the length of time stipulated to comply with legal and tax obligations.
We are required under the Italian tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for ten years.
Who is responsible for your information at our company
Teresa Cavalla is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about the information we store.
Who has access to your data
When we store information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access to it. We may share information with our accountants or collaborators. All these parties are GDPR-compliant and they will be advised of their legal obligations in relation to confidentiality and professional secrecy.
The steps we take to keep your information private
Where we store your information in third-party services, we restrict access only to people who need it. We store passwords in LastPass, an encrypted password manager.
The computers we use are all are protected by a strong passcode. These computers ask for authentication whenever they’re started or after 5 minutes of inactivity. Our mobile devices are also protected by a passcode.
We take all possible precautionary measures to guarantee that your personal data are safeguarded. In the event of a security breach of personal data, due to theft or unlawful access for example, we will notify the competent authority.
How to complain
We take complaints very seriously. If you’ve any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please contact Teresa Cavalla, by email at email@example.com.
Changes to policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective at the moment we publish them on our website.
By providing your data you declare to accept this policy.
You can request the update or deletion of your data anytime.
In order for this site to work properly, we sometimes install small data files called “cookies” in your device.
A cookie is a small text file that websites store in your computer or mobile device while you are visiting them. Thanks to cookies, the website remembers your actions and preferences (e.g. login, language, font size, and other visualisation settings) so that you do not need to reinput them each time you come back to the site or navigate from one page to the other.
This site uses the following navigation cookies:
- WordPress cookies: their only function is to recognise users and their settings inside the website (WordPress – Automatic policy)
This site uses the following third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: service provided by Google Inc. to collect aggregate statistical information useful to assess the website use and visitors’ actions. Google stores information collected by cookies on servers that may be located also in the United States. Google reserves the right to transfer information collected through its cookies to third parties when required by law, or when such third parties process information on its behalf. Google will not link your IP address with other data owned by Google in order to obtain a more detailed user profile. Further information on privacy management and/or on the procedures to reject or eliminate this type of cookie are available at the following URL: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html.
The User may selectively disable Google Analytics functions by installing in its browser the opt-out component provided by Google. To disable data collection by Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information on this statement, please contact the site owner, Teresa Cavalla, by email at teresa(at)translatingintoitalian(dot)com.